Sunday, July 19, 2009

Mamma Said There'd Be Days Like This ....


Hello Purple Martin & Co. Friends!

When I started this page I promised myself I wouldn't go off topic (i.e. blog about anything BUT the business & services I offer). However, today was just one of those days that humbles us as parents. Sharing experiences such as this just makes us more human and hopefully telling you all about it will bring a BIG smile to your faces & remind you that even those who HOPE to be organized still have the most CHAOTIC of days.

Hi-Lights:
* Toddler screamed entire way home from Atlanta to Charlotte yesterday (3 out of 4 hours!)
* I woke Up this morning with POST TRAVEL STRESS headache ... aka Toddler Screaming Syndrome
* Same toddler threw breakfast EVERYWHERE this morning and preferred to eat it OFF the floor despite my attempt to prevent her from doing so ....
* Survived the toddler nap ~ only to fall asleep myself ~ and then awawakened 15 minutes into my own peacefull nap by said SCREAMING toddler
* Took older children (ages 5 & 8) to Dollar Tree ~ only to be kicked OUT by manager because of said toddlers behavior .... the manager even said " you shold be ashamed of yourself .... " ughhhhh I was seriously trying to control her.
* I failed the "SMART mommy" test by forgetting to just GO HOME .... and instead took kids to Wal-Mart after being kicked out of the Dollar Tree because we needed bread, milk & eggs.
* Went hunting for strawberries in Wal Mart while big kids decided that wrestling a watermelon was a better idea!
* Said watermelon ended up "exploding" iin the aisle from a wrestling match between a 5 year old & an 8 year old ... lovely.
* Made BIG kids apologize to the cashier only to have her say how cute they were .... am I awful for secretely wanting her to ask them to pay for the watermelon out of their allowance?

I am exhausted :-) Those of you with kids, hang in there and take heart that these days are hopefully rare and bring us humor instead of angst. They do grow up TOO fast ... as a kind man in the Wal-Mart school supply aisle reminded me.

As Erin, the cashier who showed my big kids such grace in accepting their apolgy today, said .... "Parenting is a full time job, but SO rewarding."

My Charlie (age 5) just begged me to watch a movie with him. I am signing off to watch "Garfield ... again." A great way to end the day :-)

Signing off ... I am so thankful for tomorrow! All the Best .... The Purple Martin & Co. (i.e. Lori, Emma, Charlie & Molly ... aka the "MO-Nado")

No comments:

Post a Comment