Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thankfulness ~ A Lesson From Mom

We all have those days (I've wrote about them before) where life as a busy mom of 3 (& now the crazy dog) can just seem over the top exhausting! Well, yesterday was one of those days that was not only exhausting, it was loud, messy & chaotic ... & my own mother came to the rescue!

On a day when I would normally have been too busy to notice, I stopped in my tracks to pay particular attention to what an amazing mom she was to come and help me for 3 days.

A gift of love, and act of kindness & grace she dropped what she was doing in her own life to come and dedicate 100% of her time and attention to mine.

She took on my messes as if they were her own, she stepped in to help with the "micro details" of my mommy life that had crept up on me as I met a client deadline the night before.

She seamlessly finished the laundry, made dinner for the children, walked the dog (in the rain), hung up clothes, took out the trash cans and cleaned up the kitchen.

She said good night to me like she always did when I was a little girl and I stopped to notice what an amazing woman she is. I felt five ~ safe & warm in her care ~ but looked in the mirror & reality set in. We are both older (much older) and the years ahead of us that we have to spend together are narrowing.

This Thanksgiving, I am thankful for all that I have & all that I have had the opportunity to learn, love and cherish through the example of my wonderful mother.

May you take the time this Thanksgiving to notice ~ and thank ~ those you love & cherish.

I love you, mom.
L

No comments:

Post a Comment