Monday, August 24, 2009

Got Carpool? You NEED Carpool Cards! What Are They? Read Below .....


As quirky as it is, my odd talent of "data organization" does come in handy if you happen to be in one of my MANY carpools! This year I am in 4 different carpools with lots of children I barely know. As a helpful (hopefully not pushy) gesture to ALL of the moms in my multiple carpools, I have put together Carpool Cards (laminated on very cool decorative paper) for EACH respective carpool.

What Are Carpool Cards?

These cards contain ALL critical information for each child in the carpool.

Child's Name & Age
Address
Allergies
Car Seat Requirements
Car Sickness Susceptibility
Teacher's Name / Grade
Mom's Cell Phone
Home Phone
Dad's Cell Phone
Dad's Work Phone
Emergency Contact Name & Number

Why is this important?
1. Your child's safety is paramount! These cards help avoid any miscommunication by ensuring everyone has each other's important emergency information.
2. Not every mom takes the time to program important numbers into her phone.
3. You can't take for granted that moms will remember if your child has a food allergy.
4. If your child is required to ride in a booster seat, it helps to also put that in writing so each mom in the carpool will remember.
5. I have (on more that one occasion) not been able to find a child I was supposed to pick up from school. I immediately turn to my carpool card and start dialing ALL of that child;s emergency numbers until I can get a "live person" on the phone to tell me if that child was either not at school, or had other plans today.
6. One one occasion I was unable to locate my OWN child. She arrived home 45 minutes late! It turns out the mom who drove that day took the kids for ice cream and forgot to call. No big deal ... I just called everyone on the card until I found out where they were :-)

No Time To Make Your Own?

No problem! I would be GLAD to make carpool cards for YOUR carpool! You can email thepurplemartin@bellsouth.net. I will coordinate ALL of the information from everyone in your carpool. Assemble the cards and laminate them on decorative paper of your choice.

Setup fee is $15.00 Each Card is $3.50.

No comments:

Post a Comment