The Purple Martin & Co.
Lori Martin, Founder & Chief Operating Mom
“Get it Before You Need It”
A new advertisement on television caught my eye the other day. The ad was a national Pharmacy telling us moms to “Get It Before You Get It” …. translation: stock your medicine cabinet & get your flu vaccine before you get the flu.” Another translation ~ “be prepared.”
The slogan has stuck in my head and like a dutiful mother who tries to prepare for any inconvenience when it involves my children ~ I have taken 2 of my 3 little monkeys to get their flu vaccines & have perused the aisles of the pharmacy for my fever reducers, cough drops, and chicken noodle soup. (Monkey #3 is going this week!)
The parallel for “preparing for anything unexpected ~ not just the flu” in our family’s life didn’t escape me. I immediately thought of the handful of mommies I am working with whom are anxiously awaiting the arrival of their new babies. These mommies are putting all of their critical information into a valuable family handbook before they need to use it. I applaud their natural nesting instincts to care for their families and I absolutely “get it.”
After all, I was the mom who thought I had it all pulled together prior to the birth of my son in 2004. As life would play out, my version of vital information organization at the time (my computer, blackberry, drawer of business cards, posted daily schedule and physician’s phone number) didn’t allow anyone to step into my shoes when I truly needed their help. Hence, I pulled together my first “Martin Family Handbook” and 4 years later, founded The Purple Martin & Co. Read more about my story at www.thepurplemartinandco.blogspot.com (click on my story)
Whether you’re just now hearing about how a Family Handbook can help you prepare for the unexpected or if you’ve interested in getting started, contact us at thepurplemartin@bellsouth.net. We’re here to help use our talents to help your family “get organized before you need to be.”
Warmly,
Lori Martin
Founder & Chief Operating Mom

No comments:
Post a Comment